eBoxingPromoter Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eBoxingPromoter > Game Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events

eBoxingPromoter 2: user interface testing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eBoxingPromoter 2: user interface testing
    Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 5:02pm
I mentioned in the other relaunch thread that the interface would get a face-lift.  One of the reasons is that my original web project is corrupted and although I have a copy of the code behind, I'm having to recreate the screens.

Rather than go all the way and develop some website which players hate or find annoying, I have thrown up some test screens to get feedback and get it working like you'd want before I go and develop all the screens using the same template.

You can get to the test version from the following URL:

This is hooked up to a copy of the current database so you can log in using existing credentials.
The only screens currently ready to look at are:
All the home page screens (e.g. the overview, features, registration) and the Office screen.

I'm planning on making each screen and its functionality as user friendly as possible, which means amending the way fights and shows are scheduled - ideally achieving the same result but with less key strokes/selecting things on the screen, so I'll be looking to get players input every step of the way.

rooq View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 4:41pm
There will be a new set of screens ready for testing soon. I'm ditching the vertical menu and going back to the horizontal with drop downs so you can get to all the main screens easily.

Currently working on the new gym screen
rooq View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 8:37pm
Ok, i have deployed the new format now so you can have a look if you want.
The only screens which have been set up are the home screens, The Office Overview and The Gym.

The horizontal navigation bar is as close as I can get to the current version, and the notification icon at the beginning of the bar will contain all notifications which are currently in the office.  i.e. if you have fight offers, contract offers, recent fights or whatever, this icon will have red background and the drop down will be populated with the relevant links

Edited by rooq - 30 Oct 2022 at 8:38pm
rooq View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 11:27am
The Gym screen is pretty much finished now.  You can create new gyms, assign and dismiss trainers, buy equipment and bring up the am and pro boxers based at the gym.  Now going to start looking at moving over some of the existing screens such as boxer and trainer detail.

You can have a look via the same URL.  I think as I do more and more screens, this URL will eventually become the full website for the new version and we'll be able to use this for the beta test
gym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 1:39pm
Don't work for me. i tried to look at the gym but it keeps me on the overview page...
rooq View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 5:52pm
The Office page or just the default home page?
Maybe I haven't linked a gym to your promotion. I'll have a look tomorrow
rooq View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 9:57am
Originally posted by gym gym wrote:

Don't work for me. i tried to look at the gym but it keeps me on the overview page...

its because you don't have any pro gyms in the current game.  I have created  a basic gym for you so you should be able to get into the screen, find and assign a trainer.  there won't be any fighters linked to it though so that but will remain empty.

when i'm ready to start proper beta testing, i will be refreshing the data and making it so everyone starts with a new gym with startup fighters, but for now i'm just testing screen formats etc
surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 5:06pm
This part is gonna be very interesting. Can't wait to try the new version...Keep up the good work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic