eBoxingPromoter Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eBoxingPromoter > Game Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events

eBoxing - The Next Relaunch/Reset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonPolivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by rooq rooq wrote:

Yeah, improvements are required with the assistants as well, both in their pro and am matchmaking.
Also agree the fight sim calcs around KDs and Stuns needs to be tweaked so more fights go the distance and a 600 - 700 chin fighter isnt guaranteed to get sparked by anyone with 800+ power
Is it really that important to change the fight engine?
I like the fact that the ability to KO an opponent is very important in the game.
For me this has a lot realism into it.
In the real world ability to KO an opponent is important otherwise you will be robbed by judges on away cards quite often.
In the game it is important as the boxer who is able to KO a rather weak chinned opponent gets the win in most of the bouts. 
Simon Polivar - global director at TRNON Group
rooq View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by SimonPolivar SimonPolivar wrote:

Originally posted by rooq rooq wrote:

Yeah, improvements are required with the assistants as well, both in their pro and am matchmaking.
Also agree the fight sim calcs around KDs and Stuns needs to be tweaked so more fights go the distance and a 600 - 700 chin fighter isnt guaranteed to get sparked by anyone with 800+ power

Is it really that important to change the fight engine?
I like the fact that the ability to KO an opponent is very important in the game.
For me this has a lot realism into it.
In the real world ability to KO an opponent is important otherwise you will be robbed by judges on away cards quite often.
In the game it is important as the boxer who is able to KO a rather weak chinned opponent gets the win in most of the bouts. 

It will be a tweak rather than a major change. Maybe there should be a slightly better chance for an average chin (and 650 is supposed to be average in this game) to survive against a decent puncher, but not an absolute KO machine.

E.g a 650 chin going the distance against an 800 power guy, but still not having a chance against a 900+ power monster.

Another approach might be to make 900+ stats rarer across the board, so only true elites get into this range.

Just ideas at the moment...
bigrig387 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrig387 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 5:13pm
Hey Rooq - long time. Just picked back up playing a little bit. Two ideas from me:

1) Main event minimum threshold - My first card back I was able to sell out MSG with some relatively mediocre 3-star mismatches. I would love to see it be much harder to do something like that, and one idea I have is that there is a mandatory minimum Class/Popularity score required for a main event fight based on the arena size. This would be similar to the TV minimum, perhaps a little more dynamic to account for different size arenas.

2) Less unification - I find a lot of titles get stymied in this game by what I see as excessive unification. I'd propose we eliminate unification for everything except World titles. No more juggling the USA/NA/Americas belts. Puts more emphasis on players to make risk/reward analysis when moving up for a new belt, keeps belts moving, increases competition.

Thanks again as always, looking forward to the reset.
surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 9:27pm
HI Rooq,

for the reset it would be nice if you get 2 boxer with the same trainer and want to put them against each other, trainer or boxer should be able to refuse the match OR accept the match but 1 of the 2 boxer should change trainer for the fight camp and fight nignt...as in real life :-)
surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 9:31pm
Also

would it be possible to get TV broadcaster wanting to bradcast your card even if you don't have a TV contrat with them? 
HKPromotions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKPromotions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 2:22pm
Just spitballing but just an idea about promoters selling out stadiums week after week. Could you tweak the ticket sales so that they get updated week-by-week before the show i.e. the longer you have between booking the show and the show actually happening, the more tickets you sell - and make this is an important part of selling the show. My idea is that this would at least encourage the big fights to be a bit less frequent than currently.

Re: amateurs. I agree this is the area of the game that has most room for growth. I think you should have less fighters in your gym but more control over how they progress and how good they get - not sure how you would actually go about doing that but that's my general feeling about it.

Re: scouting. I personally have used it a lot and found a lot of good fighters from it.

Also a note that I am sure you are aware of but 'we' have to tread carefully between realism and the fun of the game. Making PPVs/stadium sellouts less frequent will be more realistic but might lead just a handful of promoters able to get to that level. One thing I will say though is that I think you have done a great job @rooq in making the kinda 'middle-tier' of the game very playable. The continental/sub-continental/national titles still keep me really engaged in the game - none of my fighters have ever fought for a world title.

Sorry for the long post. (Edit: didn't look so long when I actually posted it so take back my sorry)

Edited by HKPromotions - 14 Sep 2022 at 2:22pm
loriaaxl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loriaaxl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 4:30am
was thinking of more ideas and i did think of another one…

to make what we call “super-fights” happen sooner, can there be an option in the next reset where one can move up in weight to challenge for a world title(s) while still being able to hold his current titles at the lower weight till the fight is over? if he wins, he can vacate the titles and compete at his original weight. or vacate the titles at his original weight and start defending at his new weight.

was thinking of it after watching the canelo v ggg fight bit forgot to put it here.
rooq View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 10:35am
Question - should I get with the 21st century and introduce women's boxing into the game?  if so, which weightclasses? (I wouldn't want to do as many as the mens)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic